Beetlejuice Musical Theater Voice Class:
Main Instructors: Mazera Cox-Goulter & Kiana Hamzehi
- 10 to 17 year olds
- 6 week long class
- Nov 7th - Dec 19th, 2020
- Saturdays & Wednesdays
- $295.00 total cost
- Performance on Dec 19th, 2020
Learn songs from Beetlejuice the Musical, musical theory and more...
This hybrid model class will meet in person every other Saturday for 3 hours and every other Saturday for about an hour or two to review what was taught in person (example: sopranos and altos may be called together then released whilst tenors and bases work together). Everyone will be given the opportunity to audition for solos (includes duets and small group numbers). These will be worked on every Wednesday virtually (about 1 hour commitment per child).
- “Prologue: Invisible” - Lydia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU30XH7kZz8
- “The Whole ‘Being Dead’ Thing” - Betelgeuse, Company - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr69ylgpEUs
- “Ready, Set, Not Yet” - Barbara, Adam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH56GihDb8I
- “The Whole ‘Being Dead’ Thing Part 2” - Barbara, Adam, Betelgeuse, Company - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLrFLjBIa8w
- “Dead Mom” - Lydia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSFujhNk0NM&list=RDPwdE-mqXgNc&index=2
- “Fright of Their Lives”-Betelgeuse, Adam, Barbara - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWkF6qX47os&list=RDPwdE-mqXgNc&index=13
- “Ready Set (Reprise) - Adam, Barbara
- “No Reason” - Lydia, Delia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-8lPvoKdI&list=RDPwdE-mqXgNc&index=5
- “Invisible (Reprise)/ On the Roof” - Betelgeuse, Lydia
- “Say My Name” - Betelgeuse, Lydia, Adam, Barbara - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBro_H346dI
- “Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)” - Delia, Charles, Lydia, Maxine, Maxie, Adam, Barbara, Betelgeuse (COMPANY on harmonies) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c2N_YjbYGs
- “Girl Scout”- Sky, Lydia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOqn8OHssz8
- “That Beautiful Sound” - Betelgeuse, Lydia, Company - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcEQXypPEic
- “Barbara 2.0” - Barbara, Adam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJGikwe1kQ
- “What I Know Now” - Miss Argentina, Company - If we have appropriate singer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpvYfDu9a4&list=RDPwdE-mqXgNc&index=4
- “Home” - Lydia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBrITkHGZVQ
- “Creepy Old Guy” - Betelgeuse, Lydia, Delia, Charles, Barbara, Adam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwdE-mqXgNc (could add company)
- “Jump in the Line (Shake, Señora) / Dead Mom (Reprise) / Home (Reprise) / Day-O (The Banana Boat Song) [Reprise]" – Lydia, Charles, Barbara, Adam and Delia
*** We plan to to 3 company songs and a good handful of solos, duets and small group numbers.
- Wednesday November 18th - ZOOM small group / soloists or duets (4:30-6:30pm max)
- Saturday November 21st - In-person at the AAT Studio 3 hours (1:00-4:00pm)
- Wednesday November 25th - ZOOM small group / soloists or duets (4:30-6:30pm max)
- Wednesday December 2nd - ZOOM small group / soloists or duets (4:30-6:30pm max)
- Saturday December 5th - ZOOM review 2 hours (1:30-3:30pm)
- Wednesday December 9th - ZOOM small group / soloists or duets (4:30-6:30pm max)
- Saturday December 12th - In-person at the AAT Studio 3 hours (1:00-4:00pm)
- Wednesday December 16th - ZOOM review all solos/duets etc... (4:30-6:30pm max)
- LIVE PERFORMANCE DAY - Saturday December 19th - In-person at the AAT Studio 3 hours (1:00-4:00pm)
Kiana Hamzehi is currently attending California State University, Fullerton to obtain a BA in Theatre Arts and a BM in Vocal Performance. She got her theatrical start right here at All About Theatre in Santa Cruz, beginning at age 10 with Mulan, Jr and finally appearing as Reno Sweeney in AAT’s 2016 production of Anything Goes. Kiana began to appear on stage at the Cabrillo Summer Musical Festival in her mid-teens. Her most notable roles with the company are Dina (Schoolhouse Rock!), Mimi (RENT) and her most recent appearance in Beehive! The 60’s Musical. Outside of her studies, Kiana teaches private voice students in her (currently Zoom) studio, leads the soprano section at an Orange County church, and records musical compositions and arrangements. Besides releasing her own music, her voice can be heard alongside Philasifer's on his upcoming album: Comma. Kiana is beyond thrilled to return to her performing home to inspire the next generation of performers.
Mazera Cox-Goulter has worked as a pianist/accompanist and musical director in Santa Cruz County over the past 16 years, holding an AA in Music from Cabrillo and Bachelor's in Music from UCSC. She accompanies high school musicals and choirs, colleges, community groups, elementary and high school theater, to professional musical theater, opera, vocal recitals, churches, and individual vocalists to instrumentalists. She has accompanied and directed over 100 musicals and opera while working for such organizations as: Cabrillo Stage, Bay Shore Lyric Opera, Shakespeare Santa Cruz, South Bay Musical Theater, All About Theater, Soquel High School, Cabrillo College, and UCSC. Mazera is the pianist for jazz singers at Cabrillo College, a music instructor at Good Shepherd Catholic School, and the pianist at Resurrection Catholic Church in Aptos. Mazera also teaches piano, coaches theory, and works miscellaneous jobs in the County.