“A seat-filling crowd pleaser... delivers miles of smiles and a night of nostalgic delight.” – Syracuse.com
A 2022 Spring Production
Youth & Teen Production (For ages 10-16 year olds)
*we have already delayed from our previous announced dates due to the omicron surge - please keep an eye on this page for updates*
Online Training: February 6th, 8th & 10th, 2022
Auditions: February 13th & 15th, 2022
Call-Backs: February 17th, 2022
General Rehearsals: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays
Times: weekdays 4-6:30pm / weekend 12-5:00pm
Performs May 6th-15th, 2022
It’s 1959, and Rydell High School’s senior class is in rare form. The too-cool-for-school “Burger Palace Boys” are stealing hub-caps and acting tough and their gum-snapping, chain-smoking “Pink Ladies” are looking hot in bobby sox and pedal pushers. The 1950s high school dream is about to explode in this rollicking musical that is both an homage to the idealism of the fifties and a satire of high schoolers’ age-old desire to be rebellious, provocative and rebellious. At the heart of the story is the romance between hot-rodding gangster Danny Zuko and the sweet new girl in town, Sandy Dumbrowski. They had a secret romance in summer, but now back in the context of school, peer-pressure and cliques make their love a bit more complicated. Can Danny maintain his cool dude status and still get make demure Sandy his girl? The whole gang sings and dances around Danny and Sandy’s romance, through such hit songs as "Greased Lightnin'", "We Go Together”, and “Mooning”, recalling the music of Buddy Holly, Little Richard and Elvis Presley that became the soundtrack of a generation. Starting off with an eight-year Broadway run, Grease is among the world’s most popular musicals and has a cult-like following, especially among youth & teens!
Grease debuted Off-Broadway on February 14, 1972 at the Eden Theatre in New York City. The show transferred to Broadway's Broadhurst Theatre, and later to the Royale Theatre, closing on April 13, 1980 after a record-breaking 3,388 performances. The film adaptation of Grease premiered in 1978 and became the highest-grossing movie musical of all time. Grease returned to Broadway twice, in a 1994 revival directed and choreographed by Jeff Calhoun and a 2007 revival directed and choreographed by Kathleen Marshall.
Ages 10-16 year olds
(Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays)
Tuition Payments must be made in one payment at the time of registration. We do offer some financial assistance to those who need it (see below) and we can offer a payment plan for those who require that as well. Please email our finance department to get a code to use during registration.
If you have any questions about this please contact us: email@example.com
If you require financial assistance please print out the application below. There are no guarantees and all applications must be received by a week before the start of the program to be considered.
In addition, we offer a deferred payment plan (DPP) for families who cannot pay the lump sump upfront. This is an option you may select during the registration process online.
Cast of Characters
- DANNY ZUKO: Male, High School Teen (Range: tenor, D4–B5)
The leader of the Burger Palace Boys; good-looking, strong and confident, with an air of easy-going charm.
- SANDY DUMBROWSKI: Female, High School Teen (Range: Soprano, A3–F#5) New girl in town; sweet, wholesome, naive, cute, and innocent.
- BETTY RIZZO: Female, High School Teen (Range:Alto A3–C5) Leader of the Pink Ladies; tough, sarcastic, and outspoken but vulnerable.
- FRENCHY: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, A3–D5) A dreamer; good-natured but not too smart, she is heavily made up, fussy about her appearance, particularly her hair. She can't wait to finish high school so she can be a beautician.
- MARTY: Female, High School Teen (Range Alto, C4–C5) The 'beauty' of the Pink Ladies; pretty and looks older than the other girls, but betrays her real age when she opens her mouth. She tries to act sophisticated.
- JAN: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, A3-C5) Funny, loud, compulsive eater, and awkward member of the Pink Ladies. Loud and pushy with the girls, but shy with boys.
- DOODY: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, D4-A5) The youngest of the guys; small, boyish, and open, with a disarming smile and a hero-worshipping attitude towards the other guys. He also plays the guitar.
- KENICKIE: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, C4–F5) The second in command of the Burger Palace Boys; tough-looking, tattooed, surly, and avoids any show of softness. He has an offbeat sense of humor.
- SONNY LATIERRI: Male, High School Teen (Range: baritone, G3–A5) A member of the Burger Palace Boys; funny Italian-American, he is a braggart and wheeler-dealer who thinks he's a real lady-killer
- ROGER: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, D4-A5) The anything-for-a-laugh stocky type of boy; a clown who enjoys winding people up, he is full of mischief and is always dreaming up half-baked schemes and ideas.
- VINCE FONTAINE: Male, High School Teen (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible) A typical 'teen audience' disc jockey; slick, egotistical and fast-talking. He is also a veteran 'Greaser.'
- CHA-CHA, aka CHARLENE, DIGREGORIO: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, C4–C5) The best dancer at St. Bernadette's; a loud mouth, she wins the dancing competition with Danny.
- EUGENE FLORCZYK: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, A3–E5) The class valedictorian; physically awkward, with weak eyes and a high-pitched voice. He's a typical 'apple-polisher' - both smug and pompous, but gullible.
- JOHNNY CASINO: Male, High School Teen (Range: Tenor, G4-E5) All-American, rock-star “greaser” student at Rydell High, whose real name is Clarence.
- MISS LYNCH: Female, Age Flexible (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible) A no-nonsense, serious, loud English teacher.
- PATTY SIMCOX: Female, High School Teen (Range: Alto, D4-A4) A typical cheerleader; attractive, athletic, sure-of-herself, but can be given to bursts of disconcerting enthusiasm. She's a bit of a pain and unpopular with the Pink Ladies, and can twirl a baton.
- TEEN ANGEL: Male, Age Flexible (Range: Tenor, E4–F5) Frenchy's suave and slick guardian angel, who encourages her to stay in school.
- THE PINK LADIES: Ensemble (SATB) The club-jacketed, gum-chewing, hip-swinging girls' gang who hang around with the Burger Palace Boys.
- THE BURGER PALACE BOYS: Ensemble (SATB) A super-cool, DA-haired, hard-looking group of high school wheeler-dealers... or so they think.
- Radio Voice: Male, Age Flexible (Rage: Tenor, A3–C5) A Radio Voice