NEW CLASS SCHEDULE FOR WINTER COMING SOON..!
Halloween - Theatre Arts Class
Creepy Exercises and Techniques
- Get ready for a series of hair-raising exercises and acting techniques designed to help you master the art of suspense, surprise, and scare. Learn how to perfect your movements, gestures, and vocalizations through acting and improv games.
Costume and Makeup Mastery
- No character is complete without the perfect costume and makeup. You'll learn about costume design and how they create realistic, spine-chilling makeup effects to bring characters to life.
Spine-Chilling Script Readings
- Dive into the scripts of classic horror stories and spooky tales. We'll explore scenes from iconic horror films and theater productions, allowing you to immerse yourself in the world of your chosen character and hone your acting skills.
- Showcase your newfound talent in a one-of-a-kind Halloween performance that will leave your audience in awe. Invite your friends and family to witness your transformation into a creature of the night as you perform in a thrilling Halloween showcase.
Don't miss out on this opportunity... to become the star of your own Halloween horror story. This Halloween Acting Workshop will help you become the life (or afterlife) of the Halloween party and create unforgettable memories for years to come.
Ages: 10-17 years
When: Tuesdays 4-6pm (* plus 10/19)
Where: London Nelson Center, Santa Cruz
Dates: September 19th - October 21st
Performances: October 21st, 2023
Director: Mikaela Reed
Potential Upcoming Classes:
All About Theatre provides pre-professional dance, music theater and acting training. We offer a wide variety of youth classes and workshops where students can explore and learn many facets of the performing and visual arts, including mini classes for our youngest students, ages 3-6, youth classes for students, ages 6-10, and age 10-17 along with our full-scale productions all year round and specialized teen intensives.
- Monologue prep / scene work
- Improv & Comedy
WORKOUTS / MOVEMENT
- Cardio Workout with Dance Vibe
- Yoga Basics for kids
- Coordination and Movement - learn basic dance terms and also what’s expected and how to move your body - conceptual directions and body awareness
- Tap / Jazz / Ballet / Lyrical / Musical Theater / Contemporary
- Basic Steps & Techniques
- Intermediate Steps & Techniques
- Advanced Steps & Techniques
- Dance Terminology - Education on terms and steps within each genre
- Tik-Tok “like” approach to dance routines - how to learn choreography quickly (tips and tools)
- Choirs (SATB)
- Broadway songs
- Music Theory
- Song selection (as part of audition workshop/master class)
- Musical Theater Appreciation Class (historical/introduce shows/comparisons/discussions/analysis and more…)
- Master Vocal Class
- Craft (from slime to cardboard cars and more…)
- Fine Art & Collages
- Shakespeare - learn more about his complete works
- Script Analysis
- Play Reading /Study Group - college prep read a play / study it / group discussions about each piece… Greeks / Renaissance
HEALTHY & WELLNESS
What is really important? / How do we connect and stay connected? And more...
Theater Training - set design / costume design / make-up design / lighting / sound / props / stage management etc…. We will talk about color theory and sound theory.
- Costume Design
- Set Design
- Stage Management
- Make-Up Design
- Audition Prep
DIRECTING - HOW AND WHAT WE LOOK FOR
From learning how to put together choreography, staging and directing, understanding the music….. to what the audition panel is looking for when you audition…
- Panels of directing staff talking about how and what they look for during auditions
- Directing - work on set scripts to encourage students to think from the director’s perspective or become one themselves.
- Music Direction - what goes into the vocal decisions and what they look for in vocalists during auditions to SATB vocal rehearsals to Musicians for the pit orchestra.
- Choreography - how to put dances together, how to teach them, what you are looking for in dances and movers of all levels - tips on how to stand out in an audition.
- Dance Auditions - how to improve memory / tools to learn quickly / retention and strategies.
- Projects like dance assignments - “Tik-Tok” style - fast and furious and fun !!!