2020 Classes & Workshops
As a result of COVID-19 we shifted our programming and offered online classes (Table Reads and private voice or piano).
Keep you eyes on this space for our in-person classes and hybrid classes coming in the Fall / Winter 2021.
Potential Upcoming Classes:
All About Theatre provides pre-professional dance, music theater and acting training. We offer a wide variety of youth classes and workshops where students can explore and learn many facets of the performing and visual arts, including mini classes for our youngest students, ages 3-6, youth classes for students, ages 6-10, and age 10-17 along with our full-scale productions all year round and specialized teen intensives.
- Storytelling - by Lindsey Chester, Lexie Bryant & Kara Dorsey
- Monologue prep / scene work by Ginger Hurley, Kara Dorsey & Lexie Bryant
- Improv & Comedy by Lindsey Chester, Lexie Bryant & others
- Shakespeare - coming soon
WORKOUTS / MOVEMENT
- Zumba by Mitch Lang
- Cardio Workout with Dance Vibe by Mara Frey
- Yoga Basics for kids by Harleigh Doermann & Kara Dorsey
- Gymnastics by Harleigh Doermann & Maritza Pozzi-Loyola
- Coordination and Movement - learn basic dance terms and also what’s expected and how to move your body - conceptual directions and body awareness - by Colleen Doermann & Ginger Hurley
- Tap / Jazz / Ballet / Lyrical / Musical Theater / Contemporary
- Basic Steps & Techniques
- Intermediate Steps & Techniques
- Advanced Steps & Techniques
- Dance Terminology - Education on terms and steps within each genre
- Tik-Tok “like” approach to dance routines - how to learn choreography quickly (tips and tools) - by Ginger Hurley
- Hula by Kara Dorsey
- Harmonies by Kara Dorsey & Lexie Bryant
- Choirs (SATB) by Gabe House, Kara Dorsey & Lexie Bryant
- Broadway songs by Kara Dorsey & Lexie Bryant
- Music Theory by Gabe House & Lexie Bryant
- Song selection (as part of audition workshop/master class) by Kara Dorsey & Lexie Bryant
- Musical Theater Appreciation Class (historical/introduce shows/comparisons/discussions/analysis and more…) by Lexie Bryant & Gabe House
- “Fireside Chat” - see special guest list below from Morgen Smith and James Durbin to Bobby Marchessaults. Listen as they talk about what the industry is like - how to make it….
- Music Production - local special guests
- Craft (from slime to cardboard cars and more…) by Lexie Bryant, Colleen Doermann, Lindsey Chester & Kara Dorsey
- Fine Art & Collages by Colleen Doermann & Ginger Hurley
- Shakespeare - learn more about his complete works
- Script Analysis
- Play Reading /Study Group - college prep read a play / study it / group discussions about each piece… Greeks / Renaissance - by Heather Young, Lexie Bryant and others...
HEALTHY & WELLNESS
What is really important? / How do we connect and stay connected? And more...
- Yoga by Harleigh Doermann & Maritza Pozzi-Loyola
- Mindfulness by Mitch Lang & Marsha Thompson
Theater Training - set design / costume design / make-up design / lighting / sound / props / stage management etc…. We will talk about color theory and sound theory.
- Costume Design by Colleen Doermann & Lindsey Chester
- Set Design by Lindsey Chester, Lexie Bryant, Ginger Hurley & other local guest speakers
- Stage Management by Lexie Bryant, Kara Dorsey & other local guest speakers
- Make-Up Design by Kara Dorsey, Ginger Hurley & other local artists
- Audition Prep by Kara Dorsey, Lindsey Chester, Lexie Bryant & Ginger Hurley
DIRECTING - HOW AND WHAT WE LOOK FOR
From learning how to put together choreography, staging and directing, understanding the music….. to what the audition panel is looking for when you audition…
- Panels of directing staff talking about how and what they look for during auditions
- Directing - work on set scripts to encourage students to think from the director’s perspective or become one themselves.
- Music Direction - what goes into the vocal decisions and what they look for in vocalists during auditions to SATB vocal rehearsals to Musicians for the pit orchestra.
- Choreography - how to put dances together, how to teach them, what you are looking for in dances and movers of all levels - tips on how to stand out in an audition.
- Dance Auditions - how to improve memory / tools to learn quickly / retention and strategies.
- Projects like dance assignments - “Tik-Tok” style - fast and furious and fun !!!