2023 Classes & Workshops
NEW CLASS SCHEDULE FOR FALL/WINTER COMING SOON..!
Potential Upcoming Classes:
All About Theatre provides pre-professional dance, music theater and acting training. We offer a wide variety of youth classes and workshops where students can explore and learn many facets of the performing and visual arts, including mini classes for our youngest students, ages 3-6, youth classes for students, ages 6-10, and age 10-17 along with our full-scale productions all year round and specialized teen intensives.
- Monologue prep / scene work
- Improv & Comedy
WORKOUTS / MOVEMENT
- Cardio Workout with Dance Vibe
- Yoga Basics for kids
- Coordination and Movement - learn basic dance terms and also what’s expected and how to move your body - conceptual directions and body awareness
- Tap / Jazz / Ballet / Lyrical / Musical Theater / Contemporary
- Basic Steps & Techniques
- Intermediate Steps & Techniques
- Advanced Steps & Techniques
- Dance Terminology - Education on terms and steps within each genre
- Tik-Tok “like” approach to dance routines - how to learn choreography quickly (tips and tools)
- Choirs (SATB)
- Broadway songs
- Music Theory
- Song selection (as part of audition workshop/master class)
- Musical Theater Appreciation Class (historical/introduce shows/comparisons/discussions/analysis and more…)
- Master Vocal Class
- Craft (from slime to cardboard cars and more…)
- Fine Art & Collages
- Shakespeare - learn more about his complete works
- Script Analysis
- Play Reading /Study Group - college prep read a play / study it / group discussions about each piece… Greeks / Renaissance
HEALTHY & WELLNESS
What is really important? / How do we connect and stay connected? And more...
Theater Training - set design / costume design / make-up design / lighting / sound / props / stage management etc…. We will talk about color theory and sound theory.
- Costume Design
- Set Design
- Stage Management
- Make-Up Design
- Audition Prep
DIRECTING - HOW AND WHAT WE LOOK FOR
From learning how to put together choreography, staging and directing, understanding the music….. to what the audition panel is looking for when you audition…
- Panels of directing staff talking about how and what they look for during auditions
- Directing - work on set scripts to encourage students to think from the director’s perspective or become one themselves.
- Music Direction - what goes into the vocal decisions and what they look for in vocalists during auditions to SATB vocal rehearsals to Musicians for the pit orchestra.
- Choreography - how to put dances together, how to teach them, what you are looking for in dances and movers of all levels - tips on how to stand out in an audition.
- Dance Auditions - how to improve memory / tools to learn quickly / retention and strategies.
- Projects like dance assignments - “Tik-Tok” style - fast and furious and fun !!!