"My students were all excited in reading the perusal, but they didn't know how it ended. In our read through with the full scripts, they were instructed to not skip to the end. When we reached the last page, they erupted into screams!!"
"The audience went NUTS."
"I have never heard a crowd scream that much. I didn't think we were going to be able to finish the play. The audience screamed and applauded for 3 - 5 minutes. It was insane ... and so much fun!!!"
Sunday 9/11 2-5pm
Rehearsals will be weekly in person at the AAT Studio
(additional rehearsals may be added to work on character development)
9/11, 9/13, 9/18, 9/20, 9/25, 9/27
10/2, 10/4, 10/9, 10/10
Tech Week & Shows:
10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14, 10/15, 10/16
Suitable for 12 to 17 year olds
* Actor's Theater requires all performers to be vaccinated.
*reach out if you have an 11 year old who is interested.
$395.00 per performer
Sunday September 11th from 2-5pm
*Please prepare a 1 minute dramatic monologue
Live Performances @ The Actor's Theater
October 14th & 15th, 2022
MENACHAP, CALIFORNIA. An incomprehensible event: every person in the audience of a high school play falls unconscious -- every person but one.
Using interviews with witnesses, loved ones, first responders, and the investigators pursuing the case, a theatre ensemble brings the story of the strange event to life, documentary-style. But as the strands weave together into an increasingly dangerous web, it becomes web, it becomes clear that this phenomenon might not be entirely in the past.
Unnerving, exhilarating, and wildly inventive, you've never walked into anything quite like Trap.
75 - 85 minutes
12 W, 10 M, 5+ Any
(10-24 actors possible)
- HECHE (34, struggling detective)
- ANGELA (16, the lone survivor of the attack)
- EPHRAIN SALAS (23, the fireman)
- RICKENBOCH BAYNOR (a researcher who studies fear)
- KENOSHA (16, the only person who can tell what the pharonochs are)
- NORMA PIKE (the woman destroyed by the loss of her husband)
- CANDELARIA ORTIZ (the philosopher brought in to understand the incident)
- MARION JAY: (Pharonoch expert)
ISSA FUENTE (“How bodies cool down”)
- MELISSA TENGUE (evolutionary biologist)
- MENACHAP HERALD
- TAMBLYN GREY (should have been in the theater that night)
- JONATHAN MOLLUSK (Scottish, wrongly accused man)
- DONOVAN (Ephrain’s boss)
- BRAND HILLOCK (architect of the Oak Box)
- SERGEANT BROCK (Heche’s boss)
- CLIFTON (Kenosha’s buddy)
- AVISHAY LENSER (forensic engineer)
- DANALYNN MORSE (counselor at Kenosha’s school)
- ENSEMBLE 1,2,3,4,5
- DEPUTY 1&2
- AMERICAN, BRITISH, & SPANISH-LANGUAGE BROADCASTERS
- CELIA BROWN (has a memento)
- MAURA AOKI (the community is safe)
- BRIAN GURBAXANI (hears the attack)
- MOLLUSK’S COUNSEL, COURT TRANSCRIPT, JUDGE MATALUCCI
- HARTE FORBUSH
- QUETA MUGURUZA (discovers that animals can subsist on fear)
- TRANSLATOR (translates Queta Muguruza)
- 911 OPERATOR
- TIME MAGAZINE, HAUNTED CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES TIMES (Publications)